- Date: 11/4/2023
- Reference: [No. 05/2023]
- Location: Egypt
- Type: Full time
- Department: Business Support
- Category: Member Countries
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management of Information Systems and/ or related fields. Master’s degree is desirable
- Minimum 8 years' diversified experience in a similar role in the oil & gas sector, preferably in a similar role in an international Organization.
- Language: Excellent command of English (Read, write and understand) & capabilities in drafting comprehensive reports .
- Objective of Post
- Responsible for the daily and long-term strategic management of software and technology-related hardware within the organization.
- Ensure enhanced organizational capabilities through diagnosing, repairing, and maintaining computer systems to enable the EMGF to achieve operational goals.
- Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Support in designing, development and implementation of the IT operational strategy and manage the IT Services function, infrastructure and technical operations in order to provide an outstanding service to staff.
- Assists in forming procurement strategies to optimize technology spend across the EMGF.
- Develop and implement procedures for tracking company assets to oversee quality control throughout their lifecycles, Manage asset reconciliation and asset disposal agreements.
- Monitor and control expenses within allocated budget.
- Monitor software licenses to ensure they comply with license agreements and usage standards
- Evaluate technology risks to develop network disaster recovery plans and backup procedures to ensure protection of data.
- Communicate to all managers and employees how to use software required for operations to allow for smooth operations in coordination with other functions.
- Ensure audit compliance for the IT assets.
- Research technology used in the Oil & Gas Industry worldwide to benchmark best practice hardware and software required to complete operations.
- Management of information and communication technology, networks, computer systems.
- Continuously review IT Infrastructure, making capacity recommendations for the improvement capacity of local IT Systems in support of ongoing business operations & future requirements.
- Ensure that EMGF meets legal and contractual obligations relating to ICT resources, systems, services and usage, complying with legislative requirements (e.g. data protection, safeguarding and licensing requirements).
- Ensure safety and security of data, network access and back-up systems.
- Liaise with external bodies, contractors and service providers in the provision of an effective and efficient IT service.
- Manage troubleshooting, system backup, disaster recovery and provide expert support when necessary.
- Accountable for the provision of all ICT infrastructure systems & support services; servers, LAN, telecommunications, remote access & Desktop support.
- Develop and enhance EMGF policies for technology requirements, updates, and upgrades
- Salary & Benefits Information:
- Competitive Salary plus allowances and benefits (including Housing Allowance, Education Allowance, Medical Insurance, participation in Forums’ saving scheme, etc.)
EMGF Member Countries Nationality
HOW TO APPLY:
- This position is open for nomination only. Please approach the Executive Board member of your respective Member Country for the application submission .
We wish you the best of luck and look forward to receiving your nomination submitted by your Member Country.
For Application Please contact your Country EB Member through the following emails