Reference: [No. 03/2023]
Type: Full time
Department: Strategy & Policy Development.
Category: Member Countries
- B.S. Degree in Degree in Engineering, Economics, Statistics, or related field. / Master’s degree is a plus.
- Minimum of 10 Years of Relevant Experience preferably in a similar role in an international Organization.
- The position requires a good background in the oil and gas industries in general and in particular the gas industry, as well as research skills.
- Language: Excellent command of English (Read, write and understand) & capabilities in drafting comprehensive reports .
- Objective of Post
Assists in coordination with other parties in monitoring, studying and analyzing the gas market developments in order to develop reports to be utilized by EMGF and its Member Countries.
- Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Analyze Market external data as well as internal assessments by the Data & IT team, carrying out ongoing market research studies
- Maintain up-to-date market information and disseminate to relevant teams internally
- Assess the data for useful insights about the demand and supply market of natural gas, analyze the price trends and provide forecasts to traders
- Responsible for maintaining library of gas fields and resources to quickly evaluate any new market opportunities
- Perform technical analyses to look at price volatility and initiate trade based on historic trends and current market factors which influence demand and supply
- Formulate views and develop regular reports to be presented and utilized by the Forum and Member Countries
- Contribute in preparing market research studies as per the Program of Work and as requested by the EB and/or the Secretary General (such as Market Reports for Ministerial Meetings)
- Develop ideas for research projects to be carried out by a third party, discuss and defend research proposals with the Head of the Strategy Department and other EMGF management staff if required
- Assists the rest of the department in the “Long-term Strategy Review” process every 4 years, providing concrete recommendations on strategy updates
- Consults and supports the PMO in developing the Annual Action Plan for EMGF at the start of every year
- Consults the Policy Development function in developing the Advocacy Plan for EMGF by providing data on market gaps & potential incentives
- Drafts the EMGF Annual Report (highlighting EMGF’s progress and providing high-level market analysis) along with the other Strategy & Policy Development functions to be published at the end of every year
- Performs other related duties, as assigned by the Secretary General and the strategy and policy development head.
- Salary & Benefits Information:
- Competitive Salary plus allowances and benefits (including Housing Allowance, Education Allowance, Medical Insurance, participation in Forums’ saving scheme, etc.)
EMGF Member Countries Nationality
HOW TO APPLY:
- This position is open for nomination only. Please approach the Executive Board member of your respective Member Country for the application submission .
We wish you the best of luck and look forward to receiving your nomination submitted by your Member Country.
For Application Please contact your Country EB Member through the following emails