Reference: [No. 01/2023]
Type: Full time
Department: Strategy & Policy Development
Category: Member Countries
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in energy or relevant engineering field. Professional certification in energy transition, energy efficiency and modelling is a plus.
- Experience: Minimum 12 years of diversified experience in the field of energy transition and energy technologies in the gas field.
- Language: Excellent command of English (Read, write and understand) & capabilities in drafting comprehensive reports .
- Objective of Post
The Energy transition and new technology Professional will identify energy transition initiatives & monitors new technology to reduce emission around the value chain. He/she will be responsible to Analyse received data in terms of EMGF’s progress throughout the year and market insights.
- Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Assess current carbon footprint & consolidate member country’s environmental objectives.
- Develop a high-level assessment of levers for abatement and related technology cost for intervention (at macro level).
- Estimate potential for emissions abatement and assess policies and regulations for natural gas decarbonization along all the Member Countries.
- Assess the Member Country current status and design and develop strategic direction for the Member Countries along the resolution pillars.
- Develop “Natural Gas Decarbonization in the East Med region” report with an initial emission baselining.
- Define current status understanding over environmental objectives and develop potential Decarbonization pathways to all members.
- Identify alternative tech. such as CCS & alternative uses such as blue hydrogen & explore further opp. to contribute to energy transition.
- Assess opportunities for clean technologies to decarbonize natural gas operations.
- Produce and present to all Member Countries an emissions baseline report, along with a projected emissions scenario evolution.
- Develop comparative analysis over Member Countries’ nat. gas related targets and identify main areas of difference.
- Define major areas of criticality to reach net-zero (or accomplish their carbon related targets) in the natural gas sector- identifying levers to address major challenges.
- Research, collect and analyse publicly available data on current and expected technologies evolution for nat. gas Scope 1 & 2 emissions abatement.
- Develop a study on potential technological opportunities to further reduce/capture Scope 1 & 2 emissions.
- Develop evaluation of the economic and technical viability for development of blue hydrogen resource, estimating capital requirements and business model adjustments needed.
- Summarize and present a study for blue hydrogen demand potential and eco/tech viability.
- Carry out any other tasks assigned by the secretary General and/or the Strategy & Policy Development Head as pertaining to his/her background qualifications and position.
- Salary & Benefits Information:
- Competitive Salary plus allowances and benefits (including Housing Allowance, Education Allowance, Medical Insurance, participation in Forums’ saving scheme, etc.)
EMGF Member Countries Nationality
HOW TO APPLY:
- This position is open for nomination only. Please approach the Executive Board member of your respective Member Country for the application submission .
We wish you the best of luck and look forward to receiving your nomination submitted by your Member Country.
For Application Please contact your Country EB Member through the following emails